Ultimate Guide For Search A Freelance Job On LinkedIn
Technology and internet have changed the conventional way of job search and application. It is easy to get job advertisements online and make applications to positions marching your competencies. If you want to work on a freelance job, get ready with your set of skills, knowledge and experience and look for it online. One of the commonly recommended areas to search for opportunities is LinkedIn. There is all the help you need to get the kind of job you need especially if you are not interested in getting permanently attached to a certain employer. With freelance jobs, you can win several contacts and work on them based on given timelines and so on. You work when you want and on what you want to work on. Such jobs include freelance writing and many other categories of work.
Searching for a job on LinkedIn
All you need is internet connection. LinkedIn is an online platform specifically for professionals where they showcase their skills and certifications acquired in their pursuit of a career. It is a platform where employees and employers meet and interact at different levels. There are all sorts of opportunities even for an academic writing job. Are you wondering how you can get a freelance job on this platform? Here are important things to do in order to increase your chances of securing good opportunities.
- Create a good profile – let people know your interests, skills and experience. It all starts here. Don’t shy off even if you are a student. There are jobs for college students too. Therefore, it is important to list down all your past and current pursuits in order to make it easy for all your clients to identify you. Make your profile professional and easy-to-read. You can get help on how to write a good profile at LinkedIn.
- Add like-minded people to your network. Join the company of people who have the same interests like you. LinkedIn gives you a chance to connect with people who you think would boost your job search and sharpen your skills the more. Therefore, concentrate on bringing people who are doing more or less the same thing with you on your network. Most jobs come through these connections. Therefore, make use of them. There are professional organizations in your area of profession. Join and get credit for that – some employers love working with people in such groups. You will learn a lot from such and even get recommendations to help you in your job search.
- Follow organizations you are interested in. To get current affairs and information on what is happening in your area of interest, follow companies and organizations doing what you do. For online writing jobs, you will really need to follow pages for custom writing agencies available on the LinkedIn platforms. This way, you will get to know what is happening in the industry with ease. Make use of this in order to benefit from any opportunities that may arise.
- Engage others through writing. If you are a writer, people may never know until they read several samples from you. Engage your network with sparkling content that will help in marketing you. Show your love for writing even if you are not getting paid for it. You will get offers for writing opportunities if you let people see your abilities in a number of posts you have made.
- Make applications on job opportunities. There are many opportunities for freelance writing jobs available on LinkedIn. However, while some people may like your profile and make the initial contact, you will also need to make applications as the opportunities show up. Don’t wait until you are contacted. Take the initiative to contact the people offering the jobs.
It’s that easy! Your love for what you do will make it easy for you to secure a job in LinkedIn. Let your presence be felt online. Make your profile as attractive as possible – when you excel at this, you may not need to make any applications. People will just contact you for the opportunities. However, that is not the only option. You may consider making applications based on the opportunities that get advertised on these platforms.